Q: How do I get started?
A: First you must register a domain name and then purchase hosting space. Once you've done that all we'll need is your login information so that we can install and customize your website.
Q: How long will it take for my website to be ready?
A: That depends on how many changes you want as well as how many website orders there are ahead of you. But we can usually design a website within 7-10 business days.
Q: Will my website work with the latest version of WordPress?
A: Yes. Our websites are developed and fine-tuned for WordPress 3.1 or newer. Any version prior to 3.1 may have problems with some theme functionality.
Q: Which browsers, browser versions, and operating systems do you test the websites on?
A: We test all our websites on Internet Explorer 7 and 8, the latest versions of Firefox, Safari and Chrome. Regarding operating systems, our themes are independent of the operating system you use and will work as long as WordPress is installed correctly.
Q: Can I edit my website's page content?
A: If you're familiar with WordPress you can easily edit page content as you would in any other WordPress website.
Q: What is and isn't included in customization?
A: Customization is limited to:
· Changes to, or removal of, existing text.
· Removal of images.
· Minor changes to color. Not available:
· Changes to the basic layout.
· Adding new designs.
· Programming new functionality.
Q: Will you host my website, change my page content, manage my social media, and keep everything updated?
A: We are looking into offering hosting space. For technical reasons webmaster service is only available to clients who use our suggested hosting company. All web hosting companies are not the same and there is no "best" hosting option. There are only companies that have more or fewer technical and/or service issues.
Q: What do your websites offer the business owner?
A: When designing a website for a business we focus on five factors:
1. S.E.O: That means doing things like placing words and phrases that people search for at prime locations, like in the page's title. This, among many other things, helps to give your website a higher ranking with the search engines.
Additional S.E.O ranking options are available as a separate monthly service.
2. Responsiveness: Your web site should be responsive, i.e. able to adjust its layout across different screen sizes and devices. In short, your pages should look good on desktops, laptops, and handheld devices.
Our websites are not designed to be beautiful works of art that visitors marvel at and then leave. Rather they're designed to be easy to navigate and to get your phone ringing with more customers.
4. Speed: Loading speed will be one determining factor in the success of your website. If a web page takes too long to load, visitors will hit their Back button and leave never to return.
Also, search engines like Google rank web sites based on how quickly their pages load. A slow page load time often means a lower site ranking.
5. Readability: Have you ever been on a web page that had tiny, hard to read letters? I'm sure you have, it's pretty common. We know that many people don't have 20/20 vision so we make sure the page fonts are easy to read.